1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

yahoo mail

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by scummitt, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scummitt

scummitt Thread Starter

I just sudeenly stopped getting any e-mails into my yahoo account !! What could have happened !! I checked the bulk and im not getting any there either !!!!

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Same here,and I would have expected some for sure,so at the moment im putting it down to Yahoo having a few problems,it will probably right itself soon .....Ill post back as soon as it does ...

3. fastfreddie1959

fastfreddie1959

For quite some time now.
    Really stinks but not much you can do about it.

4. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

As they say, "knock wood," but I have not had any interruption if my Yahoo Mail.
    {redoak}

5. fastfreddie1959

fastfreddie1959

If your using xp-pro then i have a great tip for you to get back 10% of your bandwidth
    From MSN which takes about 20% of it.

Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for its own purposes (suspect for updates and interrogating your machine etc..) Here’s how to get it back:

Click Start–>Run–>type “gpedit.msc” without the “

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy–>Computer Configuration–>Administrative Templates–>Network–>QOS Packet Scheduler–>Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the ‘Explain’ tab :

“By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.”
    I dropped mine down to 10%.
    Moves pretty fast.

6. Bacicat

Bacicat

i thought maybe i got a virus, but it's happening to a few others apparently.

i did email them last night, so I'm hoping for a response.

i can send email, but have not recv'd anything since friday, my last email was a textmessage - so i'm going to ask a friend to text me, just to see.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!