1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Messenger and text

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Bronzdom, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronzdom

Bronzdom Thread Starter

Can someone help me? I sign on at work to yahoo messenger and though I sign-on easily, no one can see the text messages that I am typing nor can I see their's.

I went to yahoo help and changed my internet settings to enable java settings and scripting applets, but to no avail.

Can someone else help?

I use a T1 line and yes their is a firewall at work, but at my other office, I have no problem.

2. shenrick

shenrick

If it's just happening at the one office, it could be the firewall settings at that particular office. Since everything is fine at the other office, try going to another computer at the office that doesn't work. If THAT computer doesn't work as well, then I'd bet it's the firewall. If so, then check with your IT dept/netadmin to find out what's going on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice