1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Messenger/ Chat. Madness [Please Help]

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Kuro-Inu, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuro-Inu

Kuro-Inu Thread Starter

Hello,

This is my first time on one of theses forums, and I am not sure if this is the right area to post this question. Please forgive my Ignorance, but I think this might be a dumb question, yet I am hoping i can get some help because I am about to lose what is left of my mind.

About 5 months ago, when I deiced to be a full time Furry, I started using Yahoo Chat and Yahoo Messenger 6.0. Now I had Messenger on my PC for almost an year and a half, but rarely used it because I was happy with AOL's Chat rooms. But when my interests changed, so did my software usage.

Anyhow, In On December 25, 2004, I was in a chat room and got the kicked out of the room by the yahoo server. Only this time, when I attempted to return to chat i could no longer post or read what went on in the room. I tried to enter chat through the chat option in messenger, and I got a message stating that " your attempt to sign back into Yahoo chat took longer than expected, please try again later. "I tried to reconnect on the web, and got the following message... *VB Script Error- Your session has expired.*

I signed out of Messenger, and restarted my computer, and when I tried to re log in to messenger, I kept getting an error box telling me to try signing in again. Because my SN or password was invalid.

My screen name worked for every other area of Yahoo, except Messenger and chat. I contacted them several times and even called them for some answers with no luck.

This problem now happens on a regular basis, whenever I am in a chat room for too long. [The period changes] If I use the Messenger Client to go into chat, I get a message stating that I have been signed out of chat, and that I need to resign in by going into a another room, but then I get the previous message about the sign in taking too long.

Whenever I contact yahoo about the problem, it takes about 18 hours to restore my Screen name's access.

these are the steps I have taken to fix the problem on my own.

1) I have uninstalled and re installed Messenger several times- even using the UK and Asian builds of the software with no success

2) I have closed all other programs to run messenger, with no success

3) Contacted Yahoo over 100 times with no help, and their Web help pages are of no use at all.

4} I have heard of this happening to other folks, but all my web searches have turned up nothing related to this problem.

I know that my firewall is not the problem - [I mean with the proxy thing.] as I am able to create a new Yahoo account, and am able to use messenger. This only seems to happen to my favorite Screen name.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? Because it is Uber annoying to be Role-playing with someone and be frozen out of your own conversation. I desperately need to find an answer, because I am missinog out on a lot of great role playing. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Thanx :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice