1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Messenger "hangs"

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by klprice, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klprice

klprice Thread Starter

I posted in another forum but I think I did so in the wrong one. I'm on a network, no firewall, Windows 98. Everything seems to load ok. But when I get a message over Yahoo Messenger, it will not pop up. I can click on the main Yahoo Messenger window icon (sitting on my taskbar) and it will "hang" and not appear for over a minute or so. Once it does appear, if I've had messages sent to me..those will appear then. I've removed messenger and rebooted and reinstalled. I don't know if it's a conflict with some other program on my system or a messenger problem. It will work fine one time and the next 3 times it will not. I've had this problem for a little over a week. And this may be coincidence, but I did receive that Microsoft email (the virus/worm thing). I opened the email but deleted without opening the attachment. I've run an antivirus scan with McAfee and PC Pit Stop. Both showed the system clean. Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks so much,
    Kay

2. Denim

Denim

I have sbcyahoo for my ISP service, So therefore I gotten the Yahoo messinger "dumped" on me with my ISP service. Now there is two things that you can do, One is to right click on the Icon, then left click on properties in the pop up menu, then the Yahoo Messenger properties Box pops up. When this pops up then click on the compatibility tab , and under that tab you will see compatibi8lity mode , check that box and in the drop down list Select windows 98, ME out of that list , then click Apply then ok. And that should help you with some of your Freeze ups and Hang up issues.
    Now from what SBCYahoo has told me they are suppose to be coming out with an updated version just any day. I think they said that it was suppose to be out on 9-24-03. You might want to check on that too. if the first dont help you out.
    This is what I had to do , And Im still having issue probs, Because Im running XP , and they aint gotten pasted the ME stages yet. lol And XP has been out for how long Now ? LOL .
    But let me know if that helps you out. I hope that this can be of some use to you.
    Your Buddy Always
    :) Bear:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!