1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Messenger mscgsys Trojan - fix

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rtlovec, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtlovec

rtlovec Thread Starter

Thought I would post this solution on TSG since it seems to be a recent problem with no readily found solution.

My Yahoo Messenger recently began automatically sending out the following URLs at about 5 minute intervals to people with whom I was chatting.
    DO NOT CLICK ON THESE FOUR LINKS UNLESS YOU WISH TO BECOME INFECTED

www.darut.da.ru
    www.chatvoice.tk
    www.tchatch.tk
    www.funphotos.tk

Not sure how my machine became infected with this Trojan. The following link that I found gives additional information and removal instructions.

http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/removal.php

My Norton Anti-Virus with recent definitions and Ad-Aware 5.0 did not detect the Trojan. Others have reported that SpyBot is also not effective. The removal instructions at the above site are simple to follow. I did not everything indicated in the instructions on my system, but removed what I did find.

Note the regkey in step 7 should be:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Software
    Microsoft
    Windows
    CurrentVersion
    Run

2. Nok1

Nok1

AV's should catch this..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice