1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

yahoo messenger prob

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by fudgey, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fudgey

fudgey Thread Starter

Hi, i recently signed up to yahoo messenger. For the first couple of weeks I had no probs signing in. When I try to do it now a grey box appears saying "you have performed an illegal operation.." Can anyone help and let me know why this grey box and message appears? and is there anyway that i can get rid of it and sign in as normal? any help will be gratefully recieved, thanks.

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Not sure what it could be, just sounds like some yahoo files got messed up, so uninstall messenger(yahoo) and reinstall it. Not a very big file so that would be the easiest first attempt to fix it.

3. fudgey

fudgey Thread Starter

Thanks a million, now for the next question, how do i uninstall it??? its not a case or right clicking on the icon and deleting is it? sorry for being so dumb. I Must say that I cant believe how friendly and helpful people are on this forum, hats off to all of yous, how refreshing it is to see so many people helping each other out.

4. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Go into Control Panel and click the Add/Remove programs icon and find Yahoo messenger, left click to highlight it and then click the Remove button.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice