yahoo messenger won't connect

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lyzzard

the old man (who had never been online before) tried to use yahoo messenger to contact me at work, we ended up having to download messenger again, but now i can not connect...help says to get proxy from isp, aol says they don't use these, how can i get connected?

Try this.

1. Click START --> Settings --> Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Network control panel to open it.
3. Click the AOL Adapter.
4. Click the Properties button.
5. Select the "Bindings" tab and ensure TCP/IP > AOL Adapter is checked
6. Click OK.
7. Scroll down the list in the Network panel.
8. Select "TCP/IP > AOL Adapter".
9. Click the Properties button.
10. Select the IP Address tab and ensure that "Obtain IP Address Automatically" is selected.
11. Select the DNS Configuration tab, and ensure "Disable DNS" is selected.
12. Select the Bindings tab and ensure that no bindings are selected (by unselecting any boxes which
are checked).
13. Select the Gateway tab and remove any gateways listed there.
14. Select the WINS Configuration tab and ensure that "Disable WINS resolution" is selected.
15. Click OK, then OK again, then restart your computer.

16. Sign back on to AOL and try to connect to a

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online