1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Messenger

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by moira1961, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moira1961

moira1961 Thread Starter

:confused: I own a small business, and I have an employee that is constantly on Yahoo Messenger..I want to be able to block only her computer is that possible? and if so can you tell me how to do it so that it doesn't block everyone else who is not abusing the privilege?? We use Windows XP and we all have Yahoo messenger I just want to block her's so she will get some work done!!!

2. gurutech

gurutech

Your best initial step would be to tell her that YM is a priviledge, and not a right, and if she continues to abuse it, then it will be taken away from everyone.

As far as blocking YM only on her computer, that may be a little tough, unless you want to spend some bucks for a firewall program that you would be able to configure to block YM from only her IP address. Just be careful that you can deal with the complaints of "My Yahoo doesn't work any more!"... :)

3. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

Is she the only one that uses that computer? And do you know if she has administrator priveliges on it? (i know i spelt that wrong!)

4. moira1961

moira1961 Thread Starter

She is the only one and she does have admin priv.
    I was told I can block a certain port and then it will be blocked from my office. I don't care if all the computers are blocked, even mine. I just need to know how to block the port..I think it is 5050 ??

5. moira1961

moira1961 Thread Starter

I just need to know where to go on the Admin computer to block ports.

6. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice