1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo! No voice feature.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Sparkie25, Dec 25, 2001.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkie25

Sparkie25 Guest Thread Starter

Hi! -

I recently updated my Yahoo! Messenger, to the beta version, but the theme backgrounds kept freezing my computer. So, I uninstalled Yahoo! completely from my hard drive, and installed the previous version I had. I figured, clean slate, but Yahoo! thinks otherwise.

The download and installation process went smoothly. Accessing a new E-mail and workable screen name also went well. However, whenever I try to activate the voice feature, either for IM or conference, I am receiving an error. The error just explains that the voice feature was not able to connect.

I've checked my microphone, and it's working great. It's tightened and static-free (as much as a microphone can be). I even tried re-installing (the non-beta) of Yahoo! again, but I am still having the same error when using the voice feature.

My questions are; Is there a hidden Beta component left on my computer, that the uninstaller missed? If so, how would I locate it and remove it safely? Or, is it a Windows/Yahoo! configuration problem? If so, what steps would I follow to correct that problem?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Happy Holidays!
    Sparkie

2. Foamer

Foamer Guest Thread Starter

Hi Sparkie...

Why don't you give this a try.

Once again... uninstall Yahoo.
    Once that is done, go to My Computer\ C:\ Program Files. Then look for the folder "Yahoo!". Delete that folder and empty it from your recycling bin. After all this is done... re-install Yahoo.

Hope that will clear things up for you.

Good luck :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice