1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo or Hotmail

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Baktash, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Baktash

Baktash Thread Starter

which one is the best?

2. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

try this www.myway.com no ads or pop-ups, and 6 meg E=Mail for free !!...Rhett

3. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

are you asking for just eMail or chat as well

HotMail allows
    ... 2 mg of free storage space
    ... different reply to address
    Yahoo Mail allows
    ... 6 mg of free storage space
    ... pop mail access and forwarding
    ... auto vacation response
    both have:
    ... junk mail filter
    ... address blocks
    ... virus checks

Hotmail - MSN Chat allows
    ... blocking contacts
    ... view of who has added you to their list
    (must download Logitech service to share web cam shots)
    Yahoo chat allows
    ... invisible login
    ... blocking certain addresses
    (downfall - can't see who has added you)
    ... instant connection to webcam

This is just a wee list of the features.
    I have accounts on, and use, both - neither free service has ever given me grief.
    I use AdsGone popup stopper (fabulous app!)

hope this helps
    cheers
    MDM

4. joe2cool

joe2cool

........Hi ! Rhett not heard of 'Myway' ...would recommend then ? ;)

:cool:

5. ilusha2

ilusha2 Guest

Netscape and Angelfire are definitely the best EMAIL accounts. They have 0 junk mail. And I do mean 0. 0,0,0! I don't mean 1 or 2 junk mails a month, I mean none at all, period. I didn't log in to Netscape for like half a year, and I didn't get any messages. Now, of course, if you start giving out your email address to companies or people you don't know well, well of couse then you might start getting junk mail. I mean that initially, when you create the account, you won't get any junk. So if you do, hand your email address out carefully. Angelfire is not giving out any addresses right now, though.

Hotmail receives tons of junk mail, Yahoo does not receive many.

6. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

I sure would recomend MyWay, no spam, no popups,no ads, they use google as their search engine. The site can be customized just like yahoo, or MSN, but pages load fast, E-mail accound has animations, smileys and diferent stationary..cruise on over and take a look :)...Rhett www.myway.com

7. joe2cool

joe2cool

Much appreciated Rhett as always ......take care ;)

:cool:

8. ilusha2

ilusha2 Guest

It looks almost exactly like Yahoo

9. Tarq

Tarq

Hello if the Chat feature makes a huge difference to your decision why not just sign up for Yahoo! Mail and then register your Yahoo! ID as a .NET passport. This means you can use Yahoo! Mail instead of Hotmail but still use MSN Chat, MSN Messenger and lots of other .NET enabled sites with [email protected]. Few people realise that you can use ANY e-mail as your .NET passport not just hotmail or msn.com. You first need to register on the site below and then reply to the e-mail they send to you to verify you own the address. Any further questions post back. Hope this helps.

http://register.passport.net/reg.sr...www.passport.net/Consumer/default.asp?lc=2057

10. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Yes, myway does look like yahoo, or very similar, it's because they are targeting yahoo, and they admit it, The providers took a poll and users stated they wanted a page without adds or pop-ups/pop-unders..my way complied...check your page load speeds for both, and you'll never see a pop-up at myway...Rhett

11. Phreak5758

Phreak5758

Another pretty good email is Operamail.com I've been using it for years and only had one problem and havent seen a bit of junkmail unless it was my own stupidity :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice