1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YAHOO Puzzler

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tipacanoe, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe Thread Starter

I have been using Yahoo as my home page for many moons now, utilizing the daily planner/calendar, news, weather etc features to good effect. Lately, however, I find myself unable to enter the daily planner feature to add or delete events etc.

I can see the planner on myyahoo page. However, when I click to enter the calendar for daily planner, it requests a log on over and over again and I can't get in to update.

Does anyone else have this problem? I can't seem to find anyway to contact Yahoo for personalized help and none of the troubleshooting Q & A's seem to work. I have tried clearing cookies and adjusting internet options for cookies to no avail.

I have had only one id and one password.

Previously, I would enter them to bring up my home page. My calendar would display on the left.

I could use the add event feature for example by clicking on that item in the calendar without having to go through security again. Also, I could use the full menu of requests, eg I could schedule the reminders and so on.

Now I can't do that. I still get the calendar on the left but when I click "add event" say, I have to go thru security again and it doesn't accept me.

I d/l the widgets package a while back and the daily planner pops up when I boot up. I can sign in to that OK and, curiously enough, I can add events thru that. However, when you use the widget, you don't get the full menu of requests allowing reminder scheduling etc plus it's not so convenient.

I guess there is some conflict between the widget version and the regular one. However, I have tried a number of combinations w/o success.

Tonight, I decided to create a new account. The planner is there on the page but when I try to add an event . . . . . same problem. The security screen pops up but won't accept my new id/PW.

Help!

2. steven1350

steven1350

try deleting cookies & tempary internet files.

3. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe Thread Starter

Thanks.

I do that regularly but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice