1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo webcam port 5100 problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wgamer2000, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgamer2000

wgamer2000 Thread Starter

I get this msg when i try to use webcam in my OFFICE computer:

"Sorry, you appear to be behind a firewall and are currently unable to use the Yahoo! Webcam service "

I have disabled the firewall in my computer. But i am able to connect only with the option " firewall with no proxies" option turned on in ymsngr.

I know my office comp is connected to a lan. but i dont know what router (if at all) is used. i dont have any other information regarding the lan system. i have checked through websites that even ports like 80 show as closed for my ip.

so how do i open port 5100, if at all its possible. or shud i try some proxy. i have tried http and sock proxy but without any success due to my llimited knowledge.

2. c1t1d1

c1t1d1

You cant do anything on your computer to resolove this issue. It is on the firewall (DMZ) for your whole network. It has that port closed, most likely for streaming video so you bandwith wont get bogged down. So i dought your It dept will open it for your webcam. Even thought you remove the proxies all traffic from your network is still routed threw a firewall.

3. wgamer2000

wgamer2000 Thread Starter

But i am able to view streeaming from youtube and other sites. is it possible to use differnt port of Y webcam?

4. adamkavin

adamkavin

i was this problem too. who's can help us out of this problem plzzzzz
    :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!