Yahoo Widgets Are A Nightmare in Yahoo Mail!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack1000

Guys,

About a week ago, Yahoo Mail rolled out the single most annoying thing they have ever done. When you sign out of your Yahoo Mail account, you are presented with a huge profile widget that takes up the whole right-side of the screen. The widget shows Weather information, Horoscope Information, and Finance information Where to begin with the problems:

1.) I was able to customize the widget to remove the Finance Widget and the Horoscope widget.
2.) Not only can the weather widget not be removed, (it goes away when customized and "Delete Widget" is selected ) but on the next log in it is back again!
3.) On the weather widget, whether I type on my location or have the computer detect my location, on the next log in., it goes back to "Sunnyvale California." Very frustrating!
4.) Cleaning Yahoo cookies and cache does nothing on either browser that I use. Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
5.) Both computers are running Windows 10 build 1909 and are up-to-date.

Is there ANYONE who is a higher up at Yahoo that can be contacted to complain about how awful this change is to Yahoo Mail? The weather widget does not even hold local state and city information.

With my Adblocker, I really like Yahoo Mail otherwise. Love the ability to schedule calendar appointments right from the inbox. Theme choices, dark mode option. But this right side widget profile monstrosity has got to go now! Oddly, it has only shown up on one Yahoo account that I have and not the other. A photo is below to show what I am talking about. On the Yahoo Feedback form, not one person likes the widget profile update in Yahoo Mail.

Jack

Attachments

I have no real Yahoo solution for you. That said, since Yahoo had 2 severe security breaches, I quit using Yahoo many moons ago. I switched to an actual email client (software).

I would highly recommend you doing so. There are plenty of free software out there, just do a search for it. There a few I personally like, eM Client, Mozilla Thunder bird, Outlook from MS Office Suite and Windows 10 Mail App.

plodr

Liz
I've been using Yahoo as one of my email addresses since 1999.
Yahoo doesn't listen to feedback. Otherwise, they'd have rolled back a lot of the choices they made over the years. Every few months they seem to tweak and make it worse than before.

Verizon now owns Yahoo and since I have no love for Verizon, I don't expect Verizon to listen to any negative feedback.

I use YMail Basic, which wouldn't work for you because it doesn't have all the features you use: calendars and themes.

I get taken directly to my inbox and that's all I want to read and answer email.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online