Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yahoo Zip File Attachments

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  miggie 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've received some emails in my Yahoo account with attachments. I'm sure that the attachments are viruses, however, I wanted to find out from anyone here if they've seen this.

If not, then it will help those who have not. I couldn't find anything online regarding such. Anyone with any links with info would be great.

Msg: "detected online user violation... please open attached file
File: icvyu.zip

Msg: "your email account is suspended... please open attached file"
File: information.zip

Thanks.

#2 ·
You should have a "Scan with XXXXantivirus" on your right click context menu so you could scan the attachment. My Avg will not catch the zip file unless I do this although RR will very seldom let an email with an infected attachment throught anyway.

I used the Eicar test virus to try this out.

#5 ·
I thought so. I have NAV.
It's just that my boss wants "written indication" that Yahoo! would never send attachments.
I emailed Yahoo! and am waiting for a response so that I can then forward it to his attention.

I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks Brindle

#8 ·
I contacted Yahoo about getting mail from them a while back. They never send any kind of attachment or web link to contact them. They said if, and it's very rare, they need to get in contact, you will be instructed to do so thru the help section and a customer care rep will take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.