1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

yellow IO read data port for ISA and play enumerator?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by surfnets, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

I scrolled down from system property when I saw yellow IO read data port for ISA and play enumerator .
    Can anybody help me? I atached the screen shot of it for you.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Bob, is the computer running ok right now?

3. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

I turned my computer on and it loaded windows but very often at the end of it either freezes or restard so I ran the disk cleaner and ran the disk
    defragment afterwards, I checked out the list from the system property when I saw the yellow one again.

Can you help me?
    Bob

4. ~Candy~

Post your startup items.

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok.....go to software, startup, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

5. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

I copied running task.
    Kernel32.dll 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation
    Win32 Kernel core componentC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Kernel32.dll 4.3 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
    MSGSRV32.EXE 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation Windows 32-bit VxD Message Server C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
    Mprexe.exe 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation WIN32 Network Interface Service ProcessC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Mprexe.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
    MMTASK.TSK 4.03.1998 Microsoft Corporation Multimedia background task support module C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.TSK 4.0 Microsoft Windows
    Avgserv9.exe 6.0.1.374 GRISOFT, s.r.o AvgServ - displays notification message C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe 4.0 AVG6
    Explorer.exe 4.72.3110.1 Microsoft Corporation Windows Explorer C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
    Systray.exe 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation System Tray Applet C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Systray.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
    Point32.exe 4.00.0657.1 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft IntelliPoint C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT HARDWARE\MOUSE\Point32.exe 4.0 Microsoft IntelliPoint
    3cmlnkw.exe 5.00.001.120 U.S. Robotics Corporation modem link C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\3cmlnkw.exe 4.0 U.S. Robotics Corporation 3cmlnkw
    Avgcc32.exe 6, 0, 0, 515 GRISOFT s.r.o. AVG Control Center C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgcc32.exe 4.0 AVG Anti-Virus System
    Wmiexe.exe 5.00.1755.1 Microsoft Corporation WMI service exe housing C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Wmiexe.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
    Ddhelp.exe 4.06.03.0518 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft DirectX Helper C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Ddhelp.exe 4.0 Microsoftr DirectX for Windowsr 95 and 98
    Spool32.exe 4.10.1998 Microsoft Corporation Spooler Sub System Process C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Spool32.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
    Pstores.exe 5.00.1877.3 Microsoft Corporation Protected storage server C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Pstores.exe 4.0 Microsoft(R) Windows NT(R) Operating System
    Msinfo32.exe 4.10.2222 Microsoft Corporation MSInfo32 C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\MSINFO\Msinfo32.exe 4.0 Microsoft System Information

I copied startup program

ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    POINTER Registry (Machine Run) point32.exe
    3Cmlink Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\3cmlnkW.exe
    AVG_CC Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
    Avgserv9.exe Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe

6. ~Candy~

Hi, it could be caused by the mouse entry, here's what I've found regarding disabling it from starting up:

Microsoft Intellipoint software for their Intellimouse series of mice.

Recommendation :
    If you are using Win98/ME/XP/2000, then unless you are using specific advanced features, we recommend fully de-installing the Intellipoint software via the "Add/Remove Programs" icon in the Control Panel, as most of the standard Intellipoint features have been integrated into the above operating systems, and the Intellipoint software does create [sometimes significant] problems under specific conditions.

Cut and paste from here:

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_p.htm

7. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

Hi Candy,

I removed the microsoft mouse software and then I restarted my computer for 5 times but it doesn't freezes or restart it again. I hold my breath that my computer is now. Thanks for helping me again.

Thanks a lot, Bob

8. ~Candy~

:) Great!

Fingers crossed, if not, post back to this same thread.

9. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

Every so often I turned my computer and it loaded windows 98 either freezes or start again automacally. It restarted my computer and saw the scan error I almost see the desktop.
    I ran the disk defra and ran the disk clean it is ok. Can I start the computer, press F8 to bring up the Start Menu, choose the Logged option. Post the lines that say Fail here in the file C:\Bootlog.Txt
    is it ok or not?

Thanks, Bob

10. ~Candy~

Hi again Bob, sorry for the short email earlier, I was tied up doing other things.

Can you access the control panel/sounds, and make sure the windows start up and shut down sounds are set to none.

11. ~Candy~

Also, tell us again how much ram you have. Do you have a lot of icons on your desktop? Any fancy background wallpaper? Your email is lovely, but if you use something like that for your desktop too, sometimes that can do funny things.........

How full is your hard drive? Do you delete .tmp files often?

12. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

Hi candy, I clicked on AudioHQ but it doesn't work. I've sound blaster live value. There's no background on my desktop. You are smart to ask me to check my sound. Do I reinstall sound software or download the newer sound fron on-line? Where?

Attached Files:

13. ~Candy~

No, I don't want you to do anything to your sound card or software, look in the control panel where you posted the picture from....there is a sound icon.....just be sure you don't have any happy windows music on startup or shutdown...change the settings to NONE.

14. surfnets

surfnets Thread Starter

Hi Candy

I clicked on sound icon from the control panel but It doesn't open it. the sound icon is stuck or something else? What do I do now?
    thanks,

15. ~Candy~

Right beside 'system' in your picture, you see 'sounds.' That's the one.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice