Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Triangle! IE Takeover.

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MFDnNC 
#1 ·
Good afternoon,

Pop-up after pop-up after pop-up.....annoying to say the least. I clicked to install ActiveX the other day and now I am getting a yellow triangle with an "!" inside of it. It keeps telling me that my computer is infected with a Trojan. When I click it it takes over my msn.com-directed homepage on IE and replaces it with some random Anti Virus "fix" site.

I am not advanced with code, I would consider myself an Intermediate computer user. Also, I do not have the funds to purchase software online to make these fixes...so "free" is my friend right now.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Matt

#2 ·
What version of IE are you using? you can find out by going to the Help menu in IE and choosing "about".

If you want to scan your computer for viruses, i recommend AVG Free Edition. If you do a google on that I'm sure you'll find it. You can install it, update the virus definition list and then run a scan on your machine. Again the software is free.

I also would recommend that you install and run a spyware or adware removal program. Many pop ups are a sign of some type of adware or spyware. Adaware and Spybot are very popular programs that may help.

#3 ·
itwillbreak...thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am using IE 7.0.5730.11IC. I have run several sweeps, including Trend, Norton and Ad-Aware. Unfortunately none of them could fix the issue. Trend found several TROG_ZLOB.CLMs (C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Access\jesmn.exe) but was unable to "fix."

I also tried to use my "Remove Tool" but when I went to remove it I received a message that I needed to Restart My Computer Before Uninstalling. As you can imagine, it was a vicious circle and ultimately I couldn't/can't remove this *&^% thing.

#4 ·
itwillbreak...thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am using IE 7.0.5730.11IC. I have run several sweeps, including Trend, Norton and Ad-Aware. Unfortunately none of them could fix the issue. Trend found several TROG_ZLOB.CLMs (C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Access\jesmn.exe) but was unable to "fix."

I also tried to use my "Remove Tool" but when I went to remove it I received a message that I needed to Restart My Computer Before Uninstalling. As you can imagine, it was a vicious circle and ultimately I couldn't/can't remove this *&^% thing.

#5 ·
Click here to download HJTsetup.exe:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5

Scroll down to the download section where the download button is

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.