Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow triangle keeps appearing on taskbar

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Phantom010 
#1 ·
For some reason this yellow triangle seems to be appearing to the taskbar. Basically it makes the same sound as the windows update. When I click it goes away only to come back little later. If I click it comes back 10s later. It is super annoying.

I have ran few virus and adware tools (avast, adware, hjt) and I have found nothing. I have checked the event viewer in the administrative tools and nothing there either about any warnings or errors. I have also checked that my firewall isn't blocking any software from running. Games run fine and no problems when booting.

I have avast antivirus, windows xp32bit up to date and firewall is standard windows with windows7firewall control.

I have also restarted my adsl modem.

I'm thinking this may have something to do with the power cuts I had earlier this day because this started after them I think. Basically the power cut out couple of times within few minutes. Computer started by itself again each time. Everything seems to work fine but the sound and the error is just super annoying. When the first power cut came I was copying bunch of small files so hard disk was at work then.

I tried searching but none of the solutions I found were really relevant...

Edit: I just noticed the yellow triangle comes back when I click something on my web browser (opera). I also have one device missing its drivers in the device manager as it shows up as (?) there. But I'm listening to music atm. so how can my sound card driver be not installed if that is the case...?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon -suoritin, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 65624 MB, Free - 28037 MB; D: Total - 411312 MB, Free - 156232 MB; F: Total - 715402 MB, Free - 23181 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5Q-PRO
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

See less See more
#4 ·
You can be listening to music but still have a problem with the sound card drive. Have you double-clicked on that exclamation mark to read the exact error code?
It just goes away when I clicked it. No error codes, no messages, it just vanishes no matter if I left or right click it.

Have you tried running sfc /scannow yet?
Surge protectors are good but battery backup surge protectors are better. They prevent file loss when power is terminated or reduced.
Sfc "found nothing". Did not know such thing existed!

For the meantime I have tried to update my sound driver but it just doesn't install the driver for it. Or I mean the unknown audio device keep appearing in the device manager without driver. I have a motherboard that has its own audio but I have sound card that I use and the motherboard audio has been disabled in bios.

In the end I just disabled the device in the device manager and the error has not been seen since.

#5 ·
When overing your mouse over it, does it say anything?

Can you take a screenshot of what you see?

To take a screenshot,

1- Hit the Printscreen key on your keyboard. This will copy your entire screen to the clipboard. Hitting ALT + Printscreen will only copy the active window.

2- Open Paint. (click Start > Run > type mspaint and click OK)

3- Select Edit.

4- Click on Paste. (or simply press CTRL+V on your keyboard)

5- Select File.

6- Click on Save As...

7- Save your screenshot as a JPEG file.

8- Attach the screenshot to your next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.