Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow triangle on my Facebook page

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Ent 
#1 ·
I need to know why I am getting this all of a sudden in the left hand corner of my facebook page. I also get an error message of /ajax/updatestatus.php Please someone help me I send pictures of my children to my brother in Iraq.

Thanks in advance,

Honika:confused::(

#2 ·
Try clearing out your browser cache. I can give you specific instructions, but not without knowing which browser you use. It is worth your while putting that kind of information in the system information section of your profile; click on the computer icon by my own username for an example.

I see a exclamation mark in the bottom right where the chat box should be, because I connect via https. However you say that you see it on the left, so that seems unlikely to be the root cause. Could you Post a screenshot of the page. You can use Paint to white out the areas of your page that you don't want us to see.

#6 ·
I think that we'll need to define some terms.
Your Operating System is Windows Vista Basic. This is the government for the computer, it oversees all the other programs that are running.
You have also mentioned in your computer specs section that you use Microsoft Office 2010. This is your office suite, one of the most useful and commonly used set of programs. It is however not relevant to this question.

Since this question refers to a website, specifically Facebook, I need information about your web browser. This is the program that gets pages off the internet and shows them to you. Common web browsers include Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera. However unless you have installed any of those you'll be using the default that comes with Vista, Microsoft Internet Explorer. Assuming that this is the case, I will post the instructions for clearing the cache in that browser.

Open Internet Explorer. If you're viewing this page, it should already be open.
Press Alt and immediately click Tools.
Click Delete Browsing History
Ensure that "Temporary Internet Files" is checked. For the moment Uncheck All other boxes.
Click Delete.

Then go back to facebook and see whether it loads correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.