1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yesterday i took a picture of Paul Newman,i need help buying a camera!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sharky, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

Yesterday, i was 25 yards from Paul Newman who gave me a 5 second hands in the air,hand wave after i gave him the peace sign. Yes,i was able to take a picture and today my life has been RUINED. i used a 35mm throwaway camera and the picture was awful. paul newman looks likes he is 100 yards away.

first of all and with my budget under $100,i'm going into a discount store to buy a camera as i likely will get a second chance for a picture of paul newman today. Can someone give me some advice how to buy a camera(under$100) to take a picture of a person 25-40 yards away? i know a professional photographer will say i have to spend hundreds of dollars for a lens,etc. but $100 is my limit.

thanks(hope this post is not too vague)

2. Rockn

Rockn

You are asking a lot for $100, but if you go to a pawn shop you may find a good deal. Get a 35mm SLR with a good multi purpose lens on it. If he is 100 yard away it will always look like he is 100 yards away unless you have some sort of zoom capability like a 28-50mm lens. You would also want a programmable camera if you are not comfortable setting the shutter speeds and f stops yourself, put it in auto and it takes care of it.

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

"35mm SLR with a good multi purpose lens on it.... some sort of zoom capability like a 28-50mm lens"

Ok, got it.

BTW,any knowledge with this new item: binoculars with a camera inside them. no one at wallyworld had any information on them,of course.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Yea....a camera with a zoom lens. Walmart, you need to get out into the bigger world.

5. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

The ones I have seen...camera binocs....take lousy Pictures...interesting concept, but more of a novelty untill the big manifacturers get on board !...then they'll likely cost a fortune !! :)

6. slipe

slipe

This would be perfect IMO: http://www.heartlandamerica.com/Ite...852+65592+83291+59865+57415+57142+91936+83287 or http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=498085 I’ve had good luck with factory serviced merchandise – it is often new stuff that was returned.

Avoid the binocular cameras if you want decent photos.

If you are lucky enough to find a used SLR with a lens for under $100 get something in a zoom that reaches out to at least 80mm. The reason he looked so far away is that disposables have wide lenses. 80mm is a good portrait focal length and it at least doesn’t make things small. 120mm starts being a decent telephoto.

7. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i used a digital camera,i it doable to post them here? in a post? they are on my computer and i was barely successful in emailing them

8. slipe

slipe

9. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

8,2003)

10. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

230pm oct 8,2003

11. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

dennis farina
    october 8,2003

Attached Files:

12. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

live action of the filming Empire Falls
    october 8 2003
    william fichtner

Attached Files:

13. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

set of 'empire falls'
    oct.09,2003

Attached Files:

14. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

the fictious town "empire falls" and the river that shape the lives of the town. in real life,the town is skowhegan,maine

Attached Files:

15. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

another picture of dennis farina
    EXCELLENT GUY!

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice