1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yet another 101 connection interrupted problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fortytwo, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortytwo

fortytwo Thread Starter

I'm real sorry for adding yet another one of these 101 threads on the ever- growing pile, but I'm far too technologically inept to fix this.
    If you need any specs or info, I'll try to provide them, since I don't know what's relevant and what isn't.
    The problem is what you might have already guessed: Google Chrome, all other browsers cannot connect to any websites except Gmail, which is consistent. Maybe some fe other sites i can't remember. Also, it cannot connect to google.com itslef, but when I use gchromes search function with google, Ican search hp anything, except all links result in a 101 connection interrupted error.
    I'm almost positive that its not a problem with my wireless, as the error appears equally consistently whether using home wireless or any other connection.
    the problem is either the hardware or software on the computer, but i dont know, cannot diagnose, and do not know how to fix the problem.
    Also, changing the MTU did not work.

2. fortytwo

fortytwo Thread Starter

Ah, and one more thing that may be of use: the connection is never truly interrupted; downloads, once started, will download even as the site I downloaded from becomes a 101 error.

3. fortytwo

fortytwo Thread Starter

I'm rather sorry for being inconsistent, but theres yet another thing i just remembered.
    when troubleshooting the connection, there s an error that is always detected but never fixed: "a network cable may be improperly plugged in or broken"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice