Yet another problem: CD Writing Wizard for XP is simply not on my comp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mythe

I have figured out that the reason my computer can't burn data cd's but can burn audio cd's is because the CD Writing Wizard is just simply not on my comp. This doesn't make since because I have Windows XP Professional Edition. It should be there, right? If I truly don't have it, what can I do so that I can burn data CD's and quit getting errors? (Note: I can take the same blank CD and have it be recognized and able to be burnt on another computer in my home that runs Windows XP Home Edition. It is not that my CD-Writer can't read the CDs, because, like i said, it can read formerly blank CD-R disks turned Audio disks)

I don't know how your trying to burn cd's, but have you tried going into windows explorer and copying the stuff you want into the cdw drive with a cdr in place, then go to file and click "write files to cd"?

Mythe

well, i would, but "Write files to CD" doesn't even show up. :(

Do you have any software that came with the burner? Have you looked in the device manager to see if you have anything wrong there?

Mythe

I believe nothing came with the burner and as for the device manager, what should i look for to see if there is indeed a problem?

Yeah Mythe, Check there and look to see if you see any quotatioin marks or question marks by your cdr drive. Maybe you should just find your cdr drive there and delete the drivers and let XP put them back in and see what happens. I think that's what I would do first. See, I have XP Pro and it does all the stuff for ya. XP Pro is real nice that way. But your Home version should do the same thing.

I just reread your post, and I'm wondering if this is a brand new machine? Can you see the cdr drive in windows explorer? I'm wondering if you mite have a loose power cable or ribbon isn't plugged in properly to the cdr drive.

Go start, run and type services.msc
click ok.
Scroll and find IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service and make sure it is started.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online