1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yet More Issues With WMP12

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Brvsfn01, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brvsfn01

Brvsfn01 Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    Hi all:

I posted here a couple of months ago about problems I was having with a computer I just bought loaded with WIN 7 Ultimate and WMP 12. WMP 12 would not play my MP3's or my DVD's. Nothing I did fixed the problem and finally I loaded the VLC Media Player into my computer and it is working fine.

I now just bought a laptop with WIN 7 Home Premium and am again having problems with WMP 12. This time it "forgets" where my MP3 files are located on my hard drive and I have to use the "Tools - Advanced - Restore Media Library" applet to get WMP 12 to remember where my MP3's are.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix this and I am just about out of ideas. I have even disabled and re-enabled WMP 12 via the "Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on and off" app and even this fails to correct the problem.

I really don't want to have to resort to the VLC Media Player again mainly because its interface is extremely bare but I will if I have to. Can anyone here possibly offer any suggestions that I may have missed or is WMP 12 just not ready for prime time? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice