1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YIM and webcam problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by roy_rajat, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roy_rajat

roy_rajat Thread Starter

hi
    i am having a strange problem with using webcam on yahoo messenger. Each time i try to switch my webcam on yahoo messenger, the messenger crashes and i have to reboot my computer. I have tried yahoo's webpage where you can test your webcam and that page also crahes. I have a logitech cam pro 4000. I have latest drivers and i have also checked my registry for the UseVFW entry. The cam works fine otherwise on the logitech software. I have also updated my activeX controls but still nothing....cant seem to figure out what to do. In fact, the cam use to work perfectly fine previously with yahoo but since i have downloaded the latest update something has gone wrong and i am unable to switch to last good configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Raj

ps: i have tried reinstalling the latest YIM version also.

2. zyper95

zyper95

Try reinstalling the previous YIM version if that works then i suggest that you dont update it anymore for the latest YIM.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice