Solved You’ve already renamed your alias please try again later

MaeAmelia

I’m trying to set up my new windows surface laptop go computer I just got today, but while I tried to download something from the Microsoft store it said I need a email, I originally only had a phone number connected, so I tried to add my email and it wanted to rename it as a alias. (I don’t really know what exactly happened, I kinda blanked out during this) and now it thinks I own or have access to a certain email that I don’t and I’m really confused and frustrated. Every time I try to rename or use a different email for my alias it says “you’ve already renamed my alias. Try again later” can you help me please?

There is a 30 day cooling off period before you can do it again. Try setting the system date to a future date and try it, maybe it will work.

MaeAmelia

I waited and now it will let me change the email, I’m a idiot though and forgot I connected my email to a Microsoft account before so I’ll have to wait another 30 days for that old account to close, But in the end I think I won’t have anymore problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online