1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

You can eat any bug with six legs

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Forward, Jul 6, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

:)
    This info came to me from my nephew, 5 years old.

The call:
    Auntie, you can eat any bug that has six legs
    wow bud, neat. How do you know that?
    I watched it on Discovery Channel
    really, I didn't know you watched that show
    Oh ya Auntie, I watch it before Mom gets up

My dilemma; I don't have the knowledge to carry on a discussion about bugs with him!
    I search Discovery Channel & couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what this study is called or where I could find further info?

today he told me that a bee's tongue is called proboscis! this I can handle :)

Discovery Channel rules

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Good afternoon Forward! :)

Six legs...eight legs...I would NEVER eat a bug! :eek: :D

And awesome your nephew remembers the lessons he's learned on the Discovery Channel!! (y) :)

3. ameliaa

ameliaa

4. angelize56

Welcome to TSG ameliaa! :)

I knew that...and I also know about how many bug parts and rat drippings and fly wings, etc. are ALLOWED in our food! :eek: :D Eat up! ;) :D

5. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Hi Angelize56!

This child is amazing and a true credit to his parents
    His is being home schooled during the summer because the schools up here tend not to teach any spelling (diplorable! don't want to hurt their self esteem! )

In order to learn English, his parents are sending him to French Emmersion in the fall.

Right now he is harvesting cataplllars and discussing it so much! Today he told me that he is waiting to see if the scar on a caccon is going to be a scar on the wing. fasinating stuff!
    He loves the microscope and is making sure his handful of critters is well taken care of from food to beds :)

Huge credit to his parents. Yesterday he was playing t-ball (he is remarkably good at it) and snickered when another child missed. Mommy took him aside for a non-sportsman-like time out, and explained that his skill was a gift from God, that all children had gifts from God and our job in life was to discover what those gifts are for each person and be so happy for the children and their special gifts (she explained a few from excellent spelling, to listening, to sports ...) He was so impressed that God gave him this gift and was such a super sport afterward encouraging the same kid he laughed at earlier.
    A "dumb' parent laughed at my sis for this, she said another gift is patience & understanding :)

I hope someday that I will understand all he had learned about bugs :) :)

Angelize56, I have read lots of those Survivor posts. I always hoped that just one of them would do a bit of research before they went (plant roots, bugs, etc ...) :) :)

6. ameliaa

ameliaa

We need a vomit smilie on here! :D

7. Forward

Forward Thread Starter

Thanks Ameliaa!
    Great link :) :)

from that site "The word is Entomophagy"

Angelize. lol. I couldn't eat canned soup for years after watching an expose on 20/20 some years back. ugh.
    Now I ostrich myself and don't watch any shows about the little secrets of food or what is crawling in our beds. yikes
    lol

8. katonca

katonca

Hey forward,

Smart nephew you have there (y)

But technically, I think you can eat any bug if it's covered in chocolate :D

Just to be sure, maybe we better ask Donna ;)

9. katonca

katonca

katonca seal of approval {{{(y)}}} :)

10. angelize56

Forward: Sounds like a gem of a child! (y) One who will never waste his God given talents! :)

By the way...I'm 50 and never knew a scar on a cocoon could turn into a marking on a butterfly wing! :eek: :D
    :D

Attached Files:

11. katonca

katonca

Here ya go [​IMG]

and hello ameliaa :)

12. angelize56

Hey Dave...where's my hello...:( :mad:

:D :D Good afternoon my dear friend! :) *HUGS*

13. angelize56

:D :D I know what you mean...ever since I heard there are spider webs and eggs at the bottom of some cereal boxes...:eek: Well let's just say we go through cereal FAST in my house! :D

14. katonca

katonca

Sorry pal, I was eating and typing.......not talented enough I guess :D

*Super hug* [​IMG]

15. angelize56

That's better! :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice