1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

your cases

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by saxman17, Oct 7, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. saxman17

saxman17 Guest Thread Starter

Hey, i was wondering what you guys did to personalize your computer. I covered mine in Legos. i am going to screw all of the boards into it sometime. Have any of you painted your cases, or anything like that?

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

i have started gutting an old 80's style large tv and i am going ti install a large monitor in the center and put the mobo and cpu around it

3. saxman17

that sounds like an awesome idea. You need to show your pictures after it is done

4. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

5. saxman17

have you seen the people that fit a computer in an old nintendo system or ataris. that would be an awseome comp to have

6. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

7. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Have you finished your TV/PC yet?? I'm still looking for the right case to build in for my next PC.. Was thinking of just mounting a mobo to the bottom of my desk to conserve space.. maybe a couple of power supplys and mobos with a good KVM switch. I could add more PC's without taking up any more room and could run them all at once with internet access from the router sitting on the desk.

8. saxman17

that would nice. i get a bunch of crappy parts from my friends, and i have always wondered what would happen if i put them on the wall and had them hooked up. Would be a cool lookin wall if nothing else.

9. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

its going to be slow still gutting it i dont have time. also working on a 1/72 ec-135 model i am going to give to my dad on the 20th. because he is ex airforce and that is one of the planes he worked on 3/4 of his carreer.

the hardest part is saving up to purchase the monitor.

10. griffinspc

griffinspc

11. saxman17

i completed my computer of legos, everything is legos(except the hard drive, mobo, eyc) and a piece of metal behind the mobo. the drieves are held up by LEGOs, power supply is hopefully, :confused: held up . i will send a picture of it. a firend is currently working on getting those battery powered christmas lights to hook up to the power supply, but i have no idea how that will work, i will tell you when i find out.

12. nickelodeon

nickelodeon

can you plz show me a pic of that thaT SOUNDS PRETTY COOL

13. saxman17

actually, the wall of mobos came from a firend, he gets, and has so many more POC's than me. Just wanted to give him credit

14. saxman17

okay, i had the courage to turn it oun. it still dosen't quite work, but that is because of hardware porblems. no CD drive. But the computer looks awesome. i am posting pictures on the web as we speack, so i should have the site done in a year or two. Haheha. the chirstmas lights just hook up to a floppy drive power thing. My friend took the battery pack off and stuck the two wires into the red wire and the black next to the red. it looks pretty cool, and i have so many of those. i mismeasured the dimesnions and the space is cramped, but hey it is made of legos.

15. mobo

mobo

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice