1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Your Computer Is Infected Balloon" Complete Takeover of my PC - HJT log

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by squishthebug, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

You should remove all of the tools I requested you to download and/or folders associated with them now. It is pointless to keep these tools around as they are updated so frequently that the tools can be outdated within a few days, sometimes within just hours.

Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix and tools used in the removal of malware
    • Click START then RUN
    • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
      [​IMG]

Now you should Clean up your PC

Here are some additional links for you to check out to help you with your computer security.

How did I get infected in the first place.

Secunia software inspector & update checker

Good free tools and advice on how to tighten your security settings.

Security Help Tools

Also check out TSG Library of Knowledge

You're welcome!

2. squishthebug

squishthebug Thread Starter

All set! Thanks again!

3. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice