1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Your First Car ?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by tones1966, Jul 21, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. tones1966

tones1966 Thread Starter

What was your first car ? Did it cost less than a days wages or was your first car a gift ? Or was you lucky enough to get your dream car straight away ?

2. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

i have a car right now but technically its not in my name

i do plan on getting a 98 Pontiac Firebird here soon

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

[​IMG]

1969 Chevy Belair. I have had 3 1969 Chevy's. I also had a 69 Chevelle SS and a 69 Chevy Camaro SS. 2 with 327's and the Camaro with a 350 4 bolt main. All of them were fast. The Belair was a 4 door. :p Still flat out flew though. :D

4. katonca

katonca

1972 Pontiac Executive - It cost me $200.00. Very good shape (y)

Sold it to a friend and bought a 1970? Chevy Vega - bad move (n)

5. katonca

katonca

Great looking car Skiv (y)

6. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

1987 Ford Thunderbird w/ 3.2Liter V6. Looked like hammered crap, and most of the inside was destroyed but that puppy could fly :D You could call it a gift. Someone wanted it out of their yard and obligied.

I replaced the engine once after I blew it up. But I think I hit 130 before I did :D When the trany quit and the electrical started acting up I decided to call it quits. Still miss that car

7. valis

valis Moderator

trio of nice rides, skivvy. I had a 72 el camino that I would put up against any of those, with maybe (maybe, mind you) the exception of the 69 camaro. I had a 350 putting out more horse than c.i., rothschild 3 barrel carbuerator, and various other sundry items. Fun ride. Wish I still had it.

8. MyAngellou

MyAngellou

:D 92 Red Metro Convertible. Little bitty thing but it was cute and looked good with top down. RAWR!

9. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, but that one isn't mine. Mine was pure white. ;)

10. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The 69 Camaro I rebuilt. It had a Crane fireball cam, a Holley Street Dominator highrise manifold, a Holley 750 double pumper, Hooker headers, Hush Thrush mufflers, a 4/11 rearend, and a Muncie Tranny.

It was the meanest, fastest ride I have ever owned. I never want to own another like it. :D Well, maybe someday. ;)

11. valis

valis Moderator

yeah, that would smoke my ride. I had the engine and the suspension beefed, but stock remainder, including tranny. I did have the obligatory Edelbrock manifold, and some knock-off glass packs that I took off after about a year because it sounded like WWIII firing it up in the morning....

My 3 barrel carb was sweet....the third barrel just bifurcated the carb, and you could just pour gas down that thing and it wouldn't flood. Made for some hellacious backfires, though.....one memorable instance, literally a fire.

12. izme

izme

My first car was an S.S. Chevelle...I put a stuffed Beaver in the back window and had a logo on the back window that said fish tank....when asked why I had a stuffed beaver in the back....I would reply "So I always have some beaver ridin in the back!" :eek: :p

13. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Nice

14. izme

izme

Mannnnnnn....I was such a dog back then :D

woooooooooooooooof

15. Stoner

Stoner Banned

My first car was a '54 Ford Customline with a 239V8 automatic. Nothing special, just a nice car. $150 in 1963.

valis :D.....my El Camino could beat your El Camino :D
    454 , 400 auto, 4.10 gears , some advantageous factory parts swapping, crane cam Edelbrock single plane manifold, headers and horrors be.....one of the greatest carbs for bracket racing...the Rochester Quadrajet :)

BTW, this vehicle was not street legal nor used in such a manner....:D_:D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice