1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Your PC is offline"

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by kellieamelia, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellieamelia

kellieamelia Thread Starter

Nov 27, 2012
    I tried to login to my Windows 8 Acer Ultrabook this morning but was not allowed with a "Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC." message.

My PC does login using my Windows Live account but I have been able to login in the past without an internet connection. Usually, when this message comes up, I'll re-type the password and login easily. Also, because I use an Ultrabook, I'm unable to use an ethernet cable to hook up to the net.

2. cipherprime

Nov 28, 2012
    I have had the same thing again. pc is offline but not finding the password that does work when using normal wifi. I am currently using 3g dongle with the your pc is offline message appearing when trying to login to the machine out of the office.

seen this all over the internet but no fixes found as of yet
  3. peonowns

Apr 16, 2012
    If your current password has any caps in it remove them when typing in offline.

Seem's like the local store of the password is all lower case even if you have capitals.
    (worked for me anyway).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078548