Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elyouseewhy11

Hello, I hope you can help.

Newly built PC with the following specs

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI x570 A Pro
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070,
2 X 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Seasonic 750w gold PSU
1TBHDD
1TB SSD

When installing windows 10 it ran into problems and it would not complete installation, after several attempts it worked and ended up partitioning my hard drive numerous times so I have windows.old1, windows.old2 etc.

It would not allow me to install OS on SSD so it is on the HDD. Unsure why this was.

Windows installed and everything is recognized as it should be.

Ran a few games, Runescape, Elder Scrolls, Siege but it crashes sometimes within seconds of loading the game and restarts the PC after showing the blue screen ' Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.'

Any ideas why this could be? I don't think it can be over heating as it doesnt get past 45 and inside feels very cool. But I am new to this so not too sure.

I have also updated drivers to latest versions.

Anything else I can try? PC works perfect on general internet etc it is just as soon as a game is loaded it kicks me out.

Should I try a hard reset and try reinstall windows no SSD?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

Open up your PC and disconnect all your hard drives' data cable ( the small cable, not the power cable from the power supply) Leave only the SSD connected.

Then download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows setup DVD or USB memory stick. Boot the thing and choose Setup > Custom. Delete all partitions and let setup continue using the unallocated space.

Once Windows setup has finished and boot into Windows asking you to create an account and all that. Reconnect the hard drive data cables. Then find all the Windows folders on the hard drives and delete them all. Leaving only the Windows folder on the SSD. Windows will get terribly confused if it finds more than 1 copy of the Windows folder and do strange things.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online