Your pc ran into a problem

Knightmare917

So I just bought a thinkcentre m80 pc tower and I loaded it up for the first time yesterday, I played fallout new Vegas on it and it crashed, load it back up and it says sorry your computer ran into an issue. And the stop code says bad config info. I’ve tried everything to get the computer to restart aside from buying a new hdd and I really don’t want to. Is there any way to reset the drive manually from the loading screen. I don’t have access to the home button or my files and cannot download a fixer tool.

crjdriver

So I just bought a thinkcentre m80 pc tower
I am going to assume this is used since those are about 10yr old. You need to post the exact model# There should be something after the basic model ie 7507 or whatever.

Next do you have a current backup of anything important ie docs, pics, whatever?

Knightmare917

This is the only thing I found with the type on it, I apologize for the bad pic. I also had no docs or photos on the computer it’s refurbished but I just started using it yesterday
image.jpg

crjdriver

OK, since it is unknown IF you still have a recovery partition, you can try the following however it may or may not work. Note this method will destroy ALL data on the drive and restore the system to factory defaults. If you have any docs, etc, they will be gone. If the original operating system was win7, win8, whatever, that is what you will have on the system now. Again this method assumes you still have the recovery partition. If the system now has win10, it is doubtful the recovery partition is still on the hard disk.

Pw ON and keep tapping the F11 key. If you have a recovery partition, the recovery should start and you follow the prompts. If recovery does not start, then you will need to clean install windows.

crjdriver

BTW from what I found regarding your system, it is NOT designed to play games. This is a SFF type system ie it is made for running office, email, etc NOT anything that will generate a lot of heat and stress the system.

Knightmare917

OK, since it is unknown IF you still have a recovery partition, you can try the following however it may or may not work. Note this method will destroy ALL data on the drive and restore the system to factory defaults. If you have any docs, etc, they will be gone. If the original operating system was win7, win8, whatever, that is what you will have on the system now. Again this method assumes you still have the recovery partition. If the system now has win10, it is doubtful the recovery partition is still on the hard disk.

Pw ON and keep tapping the F11 key. If you have a recovery partition, the recovery should start and you follow the prompts. If recovery does not start, then you will need to clean install windows.
Did not work because I have win 10 and it just keeps going back to the same screen, I appreciate it very much, also the pc itself has been refurbished to play games it’s what the guy said on the eBay listing, if not then I guess I’m just a sucker.

crjdriver

You will need to clean install win10. As long as win10 was previously installed AND activated, you will not need to enter a key. Win10 will phone home and activate itself.
Before doing any install, I would test the hard drive with the drive mfg's diagnostic. You will need the dos or boot version since you do not have a working operating system.
You download this from whomever mfg the drive ie WD, Seagate, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online