1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Your system has recovered from a serious error...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by danskibee, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danskibee

danskibee Thread Starter

Hi all,

I am running Win XP Home on a Samsung v20 Laptop, Pentium 4, 2Ghz, 20gig Hard Drive. Recently, whenever I resume the system from standby, or just start up the computer from off, when I get into XP, a box comes up telling me the system has recovered from a serious error. Most usually I have only resumed from standby and the computer hasn't even been turned off, even when it is turned off it is definitely done properly so I don't really understand it.

When sending the error report to Microsoft, I get this back -

"Error Caused by a Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with specific information about how to resolve this problem at this time. The information that you and other users submit will be used to investigate this problem.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause. "

I have recently installed a USB SAGEM ADSL modem for my new Tiscali broadband connection, surely that cannot be the culprit. There are no clashes in the device drivers...so how come I keep getting this message? Everything else on the computer is fine, no blue screens, no crashes, nothing, just that error box whenever I resume the computer or turn it on from off.

Many thanks,
    Danny.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice