Your View On Grand Theft Auto

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

antde5

Wot do you all think of it?

Personally ive benn playing it for the past 2/3 years. im 18 now so ive been playing it wen im not old enough... lol, bbut i dont understand why so many ppl hate it. Yes its violent, yes its got prostitutes in it. but after playing it for a good few hours, do i want to go out and shoot somebody. No. Personally, all these ppl who say the game should be banned because its violent and causes violence amongst teenagers should get their heads seeing to. Playing gta doesnt make you want to kill some body.

you dont play it and afterward think "Gee, i can kill people in a game, and shoot all the cops in the world so i dont get caught, therefore i can do it in real life." no, you dont do that.

If some one shoots sombody after playing a game such as GTA or Manhunt, they were going to shoot them any way. This person wasnt influenced by the game, the were all ready screwed up in the head, and need to be locked up and recieve help.

And breath! lol
Thats my view on the game, whats yours!!!

aggreed... If anyone gets (or thinks they got) the idea to go shoot someone/something up from any game. They should not have been playing it to begin with. No one that has sound judgement would ever consider shooting or blowing up anyone because they could do it in a video game. The only people that it may have an influence on is young children. They put a age restriction on these games for a reason. Parents should be paying attention to what their kids are playing, and not just buying them a game because they want it. I feel that it is entirely the parents responcibility to know, understand, and control what games their children are allowed to play. If the game rating says mature.. You don't go out and buy it for your 7 year old son :rolleyes: and you don't let him play it or watch you play it if the game is for yourself. Back to the mature rating, would you go out and buy Lesure Suit Larry: Uncensored for the same child? No, because there are images and practices in the game you do not want someone that young to be exposed to. Same for GTA. In my opinion, I blame the parents for buying the game for thier kid without learning anything about the game, and then bi7ching when they see what the content of the game is. The ESRB was created for a reason;)

[/rant]

antde5

THANKYOU!!!!!!! Someone agrees!!!!!!!! Yay!!!

I just wish all these ppl with no live would leave things alone, because they dont like them. I read last night that some proffessor is trying to get Ipods banned because "They Cause Muggings" FFS. WHe seem to 4get that the muggers are also aftyer your watch, jewelry, money, shoes ectect. what is this world coming to?

People aren't necessarily ill in the head for being influenced by games. It certainly is a lot more confusing then you make it seem to be. There's lots of seemingly normal people out in the world.. but i know many that just get too into video games.

I agree with you on the fact that parents should be watching what video games their kids are playing.. but honestly, parents don't see everything. There will always be a way to get these games.. or at least play them somewhere. I don't know of one video game store that asks for id to see that your 17 or older when buying an M rated game.

But.. to keep it short.. i don't think this war between lawyers/parents and "gamers" is ever going to end. Each sides make good points. I mean parents don't see these games as fun, and i can understand that. I think their rediculously violent. But the "gamers" also make a good point.. theres ratings for a reason!

It doesn't matter to me much, though. It will most likely be a hot topic for the upcoming years.

(Just wanted to point out that i'm 16 and love video games ; i play gta and a whole bunch of other randomly violent games)

You kidding?!!! Check this out.. See the # of Views? and replies?..
http://forums.techguy.org/games/370996-random-gta-san-andreas-rocks-thread.html

All the GTA's are great.

BTW, If your too stupid to read and understand the rating system, they you shouldn't have games at all..

GTA SA was rated M (17+) No one under that should have been able to buy it.. Parents have no complaint if they purchased it for a younger child...

^^^^^^
That was my rant on it.

It all goes back to parenting. A neglected or mistreated child can be affected by this game, or any event in the world. So , IMO if it is a bad influence, it is because of bad parenting. However, being a parent, I will never let my kids play violent games until a certain age.

i think that if rockstar dont make it too realistic this problem wont acure, but i dont know about you but i live in the uk and the closest thing i have seen to 'hardcore' weapons is a HK MP5 (police) dunno about pepole in america but are kids really going to go on the streets with a pump action??? i dont think so!

If a kid is angered bad enough, I think yeah anything is possible. But back to the original topic, no games no matter how violent are not responsible for any actions.

Couriant

James
To say that violent games does not affect people like they say it does is false.
To say that violent games does affect people is somewhat true.

It seems that you are basing your opinion on one person (you). that's not enough to support your claim.

I firmly believe that exposure of that type of games, as well as movies and music could affect a normal person, even more so on a person with a mental or psychological issue. The cases are rare indeed and still need more documetation and research on it.

As for the series itself, I think all are great, but SA did push the boundaries imho.

But the major key here is parenting, or lack of and also personal responsibility of the adults involved, or again lack of. When I was working for Target in a upper-class area, a kid (about 11) came up to the check out to purchase GTA: SA. We told him, in a nice way of course, that we couldnt sell the game to him because he is under the age limit. The kid understood and left to meet up with his mother. The mother came to me in a pissy mood and had a go at me for stopping the sale. I told her that our registers will ask for a date of birth because of the nature of the game and it will decline her son. She thought the policy was ridiculous and asked if Target had a policy of her buing it for her son. I said that there was none and again advised of the content of the game since I played it about a week before. Needlessly to say she purchased the game and threaten me with a lawsuit of discrimination. The mother was obviously had been a silver-spoon baby and never have cared too much. People like that need to be shot. (no pun intended)

^^^^^^ Agrees with Tidus..

It was M for a reason.. You (parents) purchased it, you have no complaint for stupidity..

Yes, if you play day in day out.. you will be affected by games and such..
Ever see "Postal 2"?? GTA is tame in comparison..
You need to be mature enough to play just for fun, and remember it's a game, nothing more..

Did you ever think TNT wouldn't hurt? Just because the Coyote didn't get hurt?.. No. It was a cartoon.. Same thing. Games are interactive cartoons.

I agree with Tidus as well. In addition, I think that people are just pissed off about a rise in crime rates and they want to take it out on game makers instead of taking real action. I think the people who ought to be punished and penalized are the stupid parents who buy this game for their 7 year old kid and wonders why little Billy shot their neighbors dog with Daddy's hunting rifle! I've played the GTA games as well, and I think that they are alot fun, but I, and most people on these forums are mature enough to play for fun, contrary to a 7 year old, who takes the content, shall I say, literally and a bit too, "For fun", that's when they go outside and start knifing people and shooting classmates!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts