Solved Youtube and Multimedia not working at the same time...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aairus

It doesnt make any sense but for some reason Youtube stops working and on videos it gives a "If playback doesnt start, restart your device" notification, and at the same time, my windows multimedia player stops working too! it only stays like this for some time like about 15 minutes or so... and I am using Dell Laptop. I searched it up and found out i might need a new codec installed for multimedia and so i did, but it didnt seem to fix the problem...could someone please help?

Aairus

So i limited my bandwith to 0% and i think i worked... lets wait some time and see if my youtube and multimedia stop working again...

naresh498

Naresh k
May I know from which browser you are using youtube on laptop? Could you please install and test it on different browser. Thanks

Aairus

May I know from which browser you are using youtube on laptop? Could you please install and test it on different browser. Thanks
I use Opera. And i doubt it has anything to do with the browser cuz Windows Multimedia doesnt use any internet connection at all, yet it stops working at the same time Youtube stops working...

naresh498

Naresh k
Thanks...Can you please check if there is any update for graphic drivers from dell.

I don't know anything about Windows Media (or Multimedia?) Player as I don't use it, but you could see if things improve by trying VLC Media Player;http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It needs no extra codecs to function, doesn't report back to Microsoft, (or anyone else), about what you watch, and works fine for me on You Tube using Opera. If you do try it you will almost certainly need to allow it to be your default media player or risk getting continual interference from WMP trying to open media files at the same time as VLC.

Aairus

I do use VLC but i never used it for anything but DVDs...i'll give it a try. Thanks!

Aairus

Woah it does work with music too! thank you for solving that! lets hope it doesnt black out like WMP. And now were left with the youtube prob

naresh498

Naresh k
windows search- type device manager, you will find it in search results, click on it.

you would find a list, select display adapters.

under display adapters, you will find the make of graphic card on your machine like intel or amd or nvidia, just right click on them and select update driver software- select automatically option and see if it does any updates. do the same for all under display adapters category.

if it is uptodate then, we may ignore. and please check youtube on different browser if possible. I read few people posting it worked on other browsers

Aairus

well I tried playing Youtube on Google Chrome this time and it was working but the only problem is the even when i have headphones in, the sound comes out the speakers of my laptop.i tried setting it from the volume mannually, but it doesnt help. and VLC doesnt work either in this blackout... it really makes no sense, Youtube and my Music not working at the same time when they arent even the same type of things... they work for 20 minutes and then they both stop at the same time!

Aairus

oh and as for the driver update thing, its taking forever to update, its been an hour and i cant even cancel it...:/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online