1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YouTube disconnects my Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ThePianoMan, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePianoMan

ThePianoMan Thread Starter

Basically I've been having some issues with my internet connection, which strangely seem to occur when I'm viewing YouTube videos.

Each time I watch a video it works fine for a few minutes, then suddenly my internet connection drops. The status on my laptop still says "Connected" but I'm unable to load any pages, on any browser. The only way I'm able to get my internet connection back is to restart the computer.

Any ideas why this might be happening? :confused:

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2999 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 148529 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, JV50_MV
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

2. instantninja

instantninja Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice