1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YouTube/Google keeps changing preferred Language Settings

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Vaietzi, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaietzi

Vaietzi Thread Starter

Hi all,
    YouTube (and Google) keeps changing my language settings to the local one after every ~10th watched video, even though my preferred one would be English. I did:

1. a browser reinstall (didn't help)
    2. a complete system reinstall with the same browser (didn't help)
    3. switched to a different browser (didn't help)

Fun fact: I use two computers - a desktop and a laptop. On the laptop my browser not only retains the language settings, but for some weird reason YT's old layout as well (without any special browser extension). To make sure later I copied all of its settings to my desktop's (exact same) browser but YT still kept on living its own life. Both PC's run the same OS and have the same language settings as well.

The people and Google's tech minions wouldn't help us at the Google Product Forum site even though there's tons and tons of posts about the automatic language switching issue.
    Your help is greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice