1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YouTube No Sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BooPP, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

Recently when I go to YouTube to play a video I get no sound. However, if it's a video or whatever that's NOT on YouTube, I have no problem and hear normal sound as usual. Why is that and how do I solve it?

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome

Try installing the latest version of Adobe Flash Player after removing any old versions you've installed.

Make sure you are allowing third-party Flash content on your computer:

Visit the Adobe Flash Global Storage Settings Panel.
    The Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager should display.
    Check the box labeled: "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer."
    To ensure the check sticks please click one of the tabs at the top of that box and then click back to the (Global Storage Settings Panel). The box should still be checked.
    Once this is complete, close all browser windows and try re-playing the Live Event.

3. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

Yes, maybe I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player. Adobe upgrade actually popped up on its own when I turned on the computer today, but I clicked on the button so that I can read the user agreement, and then the box disappeared.
    Why only trouble with YouTube sound and nowhere else? Does YouTube require more updated version of Adobe Flash Player?

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

It would need at least version 10.0.22+ plug-in

5. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

I am not the most techno-savvy. Can you tell me how to install or upgrade to the latest Adobe Flash? Do I need to uninstall the current Flash program before installing the new one?

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

7. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

I clicked on one of the Adobe links. It asked if I wanted to "save" or "run" the program. I'm not sure what the difference is. If I chose "run", I would still have to install it just as I would if I chose "save", right? Well, I clicked "save" and saved it to my desktop. I then opened the program and I had to then "run" it, and it didn't work because it wasn't a win.exe program or something like that. Can you take me through the process of dowloading and installing?

8. Phantom010

What's your operating system? 32 or 64-bit?

9. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

I'm not tech-savvy at all. This computer I'm using was originally my significant other who is now in heaven. What's 32 or 64-bit mean, and how do I find out?

10. Phantom010

First of all, what's your operating system? Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?

If you don't know, click Start > Run > type winver

Click OK.

11. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

Well, that question is easy to answer, my operating system is Windows XP.

12. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

I have sound on YouTube now. It turned out it had nothing to do with Adobe Flash. Rather, the volume adjusting lever for YouTube videos was turned to the lowest volume, causing no sound. I don't know how that happened, as I didn't even adjust it or move the lever at all, but it must have happened somehow inadvertently. (I didn't even know there's a volume adjuster at the bottom-left corner of YouTube videos until now.)

13. BooPP

BooPP Thread Starter

I figured it out by going to the YouTube Help section, by the way.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice