1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Youtube on Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lenutza_ionescu, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lenutza_ionescu

lenutza_ionescu Thread Starter

When I open YouTube I see a black box instead of the video image.I get e-mails on Yahoo-mail which ask me to view some images on YouTube but it seems impossible. I use Mozilla Firefox when reading and loading my e-mails.
    I am a beginner in using computers.
    Do I need a special programme?
    I mention that a few months ago I didn't have such problems. Maybe I have done something wrong. My operating system is Windows XP.
    Would you help me, please?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Try IE and see if you have the same issue.

3. hewee

hewee

Youtube has to have the java script run to load the player that the flash or what ever other type format of file it plays to load in.

4. lenutza_ionescu

Thak you, mr.Will. Supposing IE means the Internet Explorer, the answer is affirmative, but I need to watch videos sent by my friensd on yahoo messenger which opens with Mozilla Firefox!

5. JohnWill

No problem, just wanted to see if it was a general issue.

I agree with hewee in that case, make sure that JAVA and JAVAscript are enabled and you have the latest version of JAVA loaded.

6. lenutza_ionescu

I tried with java_virtual-mashine_for_xp, version 2002. That's all I could find. It doesn't work. I can watch Youtube videos on the Internet Explorer but I need to watch them with Mozilla. Sorry for my poor information, I'm a beginner in using the internet.
    If you don't mind, give me a link with the suitable programme.
    Thank you very much.

7. JohnWill

8. hewee

hewee

You don't need the Sun Java. It will not change any thing on the java and JAVA and JAVAscript in Firefox.
    Go to firefox, tools, options and the content tab.
    There your see the Enable Java and Enable JavaScript.
    Put a check mark by each and click OK.
    Now it will work.

But if you got add-ons like NoScript then your need your need to give youtube rights.

Also other things can block site or the rights on the sites like your firewall, Anti Virus or Anti Malware so your need to check them.
    I got Online Armor and had things not working right till I changed the setting on the site to trust.
    So your need to look to see if one of your programs list all the sites you go to and lets you pick the rights you give the site.

9. lenutza_ionescu

As someone mentioned amateurs are a pain in the ***! I checked if Java and Java script were enebled: they were but...no result!:( Then I downloaded the Java version on the link you sent to me but... nothing happened!:mad:
    Thank you very much for your good intentions. It is I who knows too litlle about computers and the internet. So I took the last decision and I reinstalled Mozilla Firefox and it really worked! Now I can enjoy my Youtube messages.:)
    Thank you, gentlemen! I really learned something from you!

10. hewee

hewee

I said the sun java has nothing to do with it so knew it would not work.
    Glad a reinstalled got it to work.
    If this happens again and you see the Java and Java script were Enable like it was uncheck it and close firefox down and go back and check and close firefox down again and the open it and try to watch a flash.
    Some times what you see as checked or uncheck is not showing you what is really going on so changing it and changing it back fixes things.

11. lenutza_ionescu

Your advice deserve to be remembered and used when necessary.
    Thank you once again for your kindness and patience.
    Gratefully,
    lenutza_ionescu

12. hewee

hewee

Your welcome

MozBackup is a good program to backup and restore with.
    http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

I used it to backup Firefox from my 98 computer and installed MozBackup on my new XP Pro and installed Firefox and then did a restore and had all working the same as on the 98 computer.
    Note on some add-ons you have export like on noscript so you export them and then import them. Then another I had the add-on put a added folder in you profile folder that I had to copy over. But over all it gets all your setting and everything back and can save you a whole lot of work setting up Firefox again.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice