1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YouTube video embedding

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alicez, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alicez

alicez Thread Starter

My grandson has asked me to ask this question...

When he goes to a YouTube video page, you are given the <embed> code on that page for that particular video.
    My grandson said he copied two of those <embed> codes, for two different songs and put them on his small personal website.
    He said when each video finishes playing (in a small screen) on his site, it asks if you want to replay. When he clicks on "replay" on one of them, the video starts and shows again (in small screen).
    However, when he clicks on the "replay" in the second video (after it has played), he is returned to the YouTube site for that video and the video plays there (on the YouTube site) and then after it finishes playing he has to return to his personal site.
    Is there any way to adjust the 2nd video html so that it too will 'replay' on his site again, rather than returning him to the YouTube site for that particular video?
    Hope I have explained this properly.

2. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

There isn't much you can do as it's the YouTube flash video player that is embedded, and so you can't edit it. It may be a bug with that version of the player, but I've never had any problems with it. You may get more answers if this thread is moved to the Web Design & Development forum.

HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice