1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

YouTube videos hanging or audio get out of sync

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lynx1021, Jan 29, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Noticed in the last week or so YouTube videos hanging or audio get out of sync. My systems are in my signature. It is the Gigabyte GA-P43T-Es3g. I normally use Firefox and have the latest version. It only seem to do it in Firefox. It tried the same video in Chrome and it was fine. I tried it on my other PC (GA-P45T-ES3G) and every thing was fine. I tried turning off hardware acceleration and it is still doing it. I have a 100 Mbps connection. The Videos were at 1080P. I was watching Mr Carlson labs and the audio was going but the video was pausing. Watching Cary Holtzman his audio was getting out of sync. I could pause it and it would get back in sync but after a few minuet's it was out again. Any Idea? Oh I turned off my slide show wallpaper, recently installed windows 10 pro.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. zebanovich

zebanovich

If it's firefox only issue, have you tried resetting firefox to defaults?
    and clearing cache, cookies, history etc..

3. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

I will try that when I get home, thanks.

4. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
    Be sure your audio and video drivers are up to date.
    Have you tried the video in a lower resolution? If so,does it do the same thing?
    Did firefox just do an update? Or is firefox updated to the latest version?

5. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Firefox updated itself to the latest version. I did update my RX460 drivers to the next ones, 20.1.3 but not the Optional ones, I think those are Beta? What is strange is my other PC has the same card and it has the 20.1.2 driver and I didn't even see them in the list. I will try at another resolution but I haven't had any issues in the past at 1080P. My PC's are hard wire lan connected to my router (separate router & modem) TP link Archer 7 1750.
    I do have a Blu-ray player with wireless streaming that I do keep connected to Netflix Paused when I am not watching. My audio drivers (2015) are the last for my board unless Win 10 updated them. I am not having any issues playing MP4 videos from my hard drive.

6. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
    You said videos worked fine on your other pc.Is that also using firefox on that pc?
    Just trying to narrow it down.

7. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Yes Firefox on that one also, it is 100 ft away on a lan cable in the back bedroom.

8. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
    Have you previously made any hardware changes? Have you installed any new software? what type of monitor do you have?
    Have you tried disabling "fast startup"?
    If not,try disabling fast startup and then activate "change settings that are currently unavailable" from the "choose what the power buttons do" section.

9. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Fast startup is disabled in the bios, I recently upgraded to windows 10 keeping my programs and files. Actually with my SSD my desktop loaded faster with windows 7.

10. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
    There isn't much else i can suggest besides making sure you clear your cache,or flush your dns cache,and disabling any or all addons including add blockers.Try using the youtube app if your not already.If your using the youtube app and it's doing the same thing,the app could be corrupted and you may need to reinstall it.
    Other then that,i have no idea.Maybe someone else can jump in here if you can't resolve the issue.

11. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Looking in options it says "about:policies "your browser is being managed by your organization" ?? I will try the other suggestions.

12. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
  13. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

Ok its policy says "ImportEnterpriseRoots" ?? I have Avast antivirus , it may be the avast plugin Avast online security.
    I ran Firefox in safe mode with add-ons disabled and it seemed to quit, The only add-ons I have is ad-blocker, web mail ad blocker and Wikeybuy. just got wikiebuy lately. Ad-blocker is turned off on you-tube. Also I cleaned my Cache and history, 1.2GB And that seemed to help. By 10 PM I couldn't get it to mess up? Possible internet issues? I did notice Tuesday evening I was streaming some Netflix with my Blu-ray player it got pixilated like the connection got slow. Lasted about 20 min. That was the first time that had happened since I got the player streamer in December. Usually the picture quality is better than cable.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  14. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
    So it seems as though it may be a cross between your add ons and your cache.
    If all seems ok with addons disabled,disable them all then re-enable one at a time to find out which one is the culprit.If all is fine after enabling them all,then it was most like your cache.
    Did you also flush your DNS Cache?

P.S...sorry it took so long to respond as i have just gotten out of work.

15. lynx1021

lynx1021 Thread Starter

I flushed Firefox but not DNS, I will look that up when I get home. I am wondering if it is that Wiekibuy?? I have had the add block and web mail add block a long time without any problems.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice