1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Youtube videos won't work when mini displayport cable is in

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pjake, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjake

pjake Thread Starter

On my lenovo t530 I have a mini displayport adapter that I connect to my tv for home use. When I do NOT have the cable plugged in, I can play youtube videos just fine. When the cable is plugged IN, youtube videos do not load. They buffer, but they will not play. Netflix, hulu, and any other video software loads just fine. Picture is fine, audio is fine, but youtube videos exclusively do not work. What do I do?

edit: I have done some further research. When I close the lid on my laptop and the tv screen is the main display, youtube will not work. But if I have the lid open and my tv is the extended display, the same video loads just fine with the mini displayport cable in. I hope this helps!

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

what about videos from other online services like Teacher Tube or PBS Learning Media?

3. pjake

pjake Thread Starter

It's just youtube when the lid on the laptop is closed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice