ypcat errors in printing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

liviu

Hi,
I have a RH9 box running in a network with Window$ printserver, so I use samba.
From time to time, I get printing errors when I'm trying to print from Acrobat Reader- ypcat errors, claiming that it can't find domain aso. I have to run
ypcat domain server aso,
printing runs after, but still I get error message from ypcat.
Anyone had before this type of problems and knows how to fix it?
:rolleyes:

I cant help much as I gave up trying to make NIS behave itself a while back. Is this your home network?
lynch

liviu

Whiteskin, printing works (almost) perfect, but ypcat complains that the yp domain is not set.
I checked /etc/hosts and it's OK.

liviu

I'll tell you how the problem was solved: set the default printsystem to CUPS. That has got rid of the "ypcat: can't get local yp domain: Local domain name not set" error.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online