Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Not Recognizing M.2 Optane

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JesusOR1003

So recently I built a PC. Here are the specs
I3-8100
Gigabyte Z370 Ultra gaming WIFI-OP board
16GB Trident Z RAM
700 Watt Power Supply
250 GB SSD Kingston
32 GB Optane Built IN

When I first booted my PC I installed my OS onto the Optane. It had been running well and extremely fast for a month. Then yesterday when I booted it said no boot device found. I went onto Bios and the 32Gb optane is no longer found. Please help!

crjdriver

As far as I know, optane memory is for accelerating a drive not for installing windows on that drive. Are you sure you installed windows on the optane memory?

JesusOR1003

As far as I know, optane memory is for accelerating a drive not for installing windows on that drive. Are you sure you installed windows on the optane memory?
Yes I'm sure. When it was working you could check the folders just like a normal drive. The system files were on it. As well as the files for when it would sleep and all that.

Triple6

Rob
That's what it should have been used for but apparently it is possible to install Windows too it.

You could try removing and re-inserting the drive and see if it gets picked up again.

JesusOR1003

That's what it should have been used for but apparently it is possible to install Windows too it.

You could try removing and re-inserting the drive and see if it gets picked up again.
Just did and it didn't work. I also tried switching it to the 2nd M.2 slot and it still didn't appear.

Triple6

Rob
Might have died, you can try contacting the manufacturer to warranty support and replacement.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online