1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Not Recognizing M.2 Optane

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JesusOR1003, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JesusOR1003

JesusOR1003 Thread Starter

So recently I built a PC. Here are the specs
    I3-8100
    Gigabyte Z370 Ultra gaming WIFI-OP board
    16GB Trident Z RAM
    700 Watt Power Supply
    250 GB SSD Kingston
    32 GB Optane Built IN

When I first booted my PC I installed my OS onto the Optane. It had been running well and extremely fast for a month. Then yesterday when I booted it said no boot device found. I went onto Bios and the 32Gb optane is no longer found. Please help!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

As far as I know, optane memory is for accelerating a drive not for installing windows on that drive. Are you sure you installed windows on the optane memory?

3. JesusOR1003

Yes I'm sure. When it was working you could check the folders just like a normal drive. The system files were on it. As well as the files for when it would sleep and all that.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    That's what it should have been used for but apparently it is possible to install Windows too it.

You could try removing and re-inserting the drive and see if it gets picked up again.

5. JesusOR1003

Just did and it didn't work. I also tried switching it to the 2nd M.2 slot and it still didn't appear.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Might have died, you can try contacting the manufacturer to warranty support and replacement.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice