1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zen-Cart help?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jtn3833, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jtn3833

jtn3833 Thread Starter

I'm trying to work with Zen-Cart to set up a online shopping site.

Does anyone out there have any experience with Zen-Cart? Is it just me or is the configuration process brutally complicated? I have their 400 page manual, but even with that it takes me hours to scratch the surface of this thing.

I have the manual up on one monitor, the admin page up in another monitor and the Zen-Cart website help page up on a third monitor and it is still just going too slow.

Is there a different interface out there or something to simplify all of the options and menus?

I'm not a programmer, that may be part of the problem, and I know Zen-Cart is free and I've seen some really nice sites that were built using it but I've burned hours getting almost nowhere.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    JTN

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

Have you looked at the FAQs on the Zen-Cart website? What specifically are you having trouble with?

3. jtn3833

jtn3833 Thread Starter

Just using the Admin console is very confusing. There are so many menu options and different settings... I don't know what most of the settings & menus mean or refer to. I'm used to more of a WYSIWYG, visual interface. I'm a graphic designer by trade and maybe I just use the wrong side of my brain or something.

I have the pdf manual and the Zen-Cart FAQ website up at the same time, in different monitors, and bounce between the two trying to figure out how to make different changes.

For instance, the last task I tried was to change the text in the center column of the home page. It's still on the default, "welcome to Zen-Cart" intro text and I can't find where to change it. It's simple things like that, that become very frustrating.

Is there a way to make changes other than the admin console?

Thanks,
    JTN

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

I've set up a few carts, but never used this program. It is probably possible to redo the pages by rewriting the code (HTML or PHP or whatever). I would suggest you go here
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136
    and post your question. :)
    Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice