1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZIP Drive acting up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michael863, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael863

michael863 Thread Starter

i have an INTERNAL iomega zip 250 disk drive that disappears every time i restart my computer. i run xp pro, but everytime i boot, i have to go to system > hardware > add hardware wizard and then my computer will "find" it and suddenly i can access it from "my computer."

Even if i try to save something onto the drive before going to "find" the zip, then the disk drive will not even be one of the available options.

Any ideas on how to make my computer recognize the drive. this confuses me b/c the drive is internal, so its not connected by usb or anything like that.

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

3. michael863

michael863 Thread Starter

yeah, i have recently upgraded iomegaware and the drivers. my computer still doesn't locate it. there is a faq that suggest doing kinds of stuff like going into bios, etc. that kind of stuff is beyond my capabilities. my zip drive is a 250 atapi by the way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice