1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Zip drive unable to read disks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clenny, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clenny

clenny Thread Starter

I've got an iomega zip drive (100 mb) that I recently bought. Everythings was working fine until today when i tried to back up some files to a zip disk. I got an error message asking me to put a disk into F drive. The problem is there was already a disk in there. I retried it, same message. I tried using another disk and got a message saying the disk wasn't fromatted. There wasn't anything important on it so I tried to format it. So then i get an error message at the end telling me it can't format the disk. What is going on? This sort of thing makes my fuse real short if you know what i mean. i don't think it's too much to ask for a new product to work!!!!!!

2. clenny

clenny Thread Starter

So I uninstalled the iomega zip drive and reinstalled it because i figured someone would ultimately suggest that but when I inserted the disk I got the "Please insert a disk into Drive F" message. So I'm at a loss any ideas?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

3. clenny

clenny Thread Starter

Well I'm sending the zip drive back to iomega. Today i tried to save a file to the A drive and got the following dialog box: "The disk is full trying to write to A:: free some space on this drive, or.... blah blah. The problems is the file is 508 kb and it's a brand new blank floppy. I tried it with another new blank floppy and the same thing occurred. I'm not sure what's going on here.

4. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran

Hi,

Download the utility TIP.EXE from here

http://grc.com/freepopular.htm

scroll down and look for the Trouble in Paradise (TIP ) utility

The file is a zip drive test program.

hth

Ceri

5. clenny

clenny Thread Starter

Well i went to the web site and downloaded the utility and it seems if I understand what's going that it doesn't see the zip drive nor the zip cartdridge. It says: cartridge Status; No Iomega Drives. Then when i ckick on next it takes me to some advertising. I'm already in the process of returning the drive to Iomega so I guess we'll see. Do you have any ideas about the floppy drive problem I mentioned in a previous post?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice