1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

zip drive

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by richsamtor1, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richsamtor1

richsamtor1 Thread Starter

1am running windows 98 and i have a zip drive last week it was working ,to day i put the zip in and i get a message d drive/is not accesible the device is not ready.thank for any help

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi there ~

Have you tried a different Zip disk?

Do you see the Zip drive in "My Computer"? (Double click "My Computer" from your desktop and see if the Zip drive is listed in the contents.)

:)

3. richsamtor1

did double click my computer and the d drive is their thenthe message comes up device is not ready thanks

4. grybeard22

grybeard22

Hi rich
    the reason that it says that is because its not able to read the disk....if you have tried another disk and get the same thing ...may have lost the drivers for it.

try reloading the drivers for the zip drive....also check the cable on the back of the drive and make sure that it is connected ok.

sometimes drivers can get deleted from loading new software....I have the same problem with one that I have

good luck

5. richsamtor1

where do i look for the drivers and how do i load the driver if i have to reload the zip drive thank for your help

6. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Can you tell us the specific make/model number of the drive? :) We can then link you to a site with the drivers.

7. richsamtor1

it is a sony pc iomega zip drive itis about 5 years old.can i check anywhere on my end ifthedrive is missing is missing.thank you for your help

8. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Assuming you have a Sony desktop PC (and not a laptop), <a href="http://www.iomega.com/datahandler/servlet/dataprocess/driverlist?database=steerdown">here</a> is a link to the Iomega's internal zip drive Windows 98 software (See under "Additional Software").

What specific Sony model do you have?

As far as checking things on your end, as grybeard22 mentioned you may want to check internally to see that the cable is secure to the motherboard and to the drive.

Also - have you accessed BIOS to make sure the drive is detected/configured properly?

Let us know. :)

9. hewee

hewee

Make sure you have power going to the zip drive.

10. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Assuming it is an internal drive, you may want to check the cable connection between the zip drive and the controller card.
    Also check the power connection for same.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice