1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

zip drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pmarc, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

I have to mail (one or two 18-meg photos at a time) to large publishers which they'll upload to their magazine.

What's the best zip drive/disc configuration that's simple but provides some growing into? I'm on win95, will upgrade to new pc running win2000 in 6 months.

2. swwelsh

swwelsh

I would recommend a cd burner. Discs are cheap, hold up to 650megs and compatible with almost any computer. A zip/jazz drive or similar requires that they also have the same drive, while almost every computer these days has a cdrom drive. To make for easier mailing (I assume you are talking about sending them snail mail, an 18meg file would be hard to email or upload) you could use mini-discs, they are about the size of a floppy disc, hold about 200 megs and you can burn them with most any cd burner

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Just a thought............

you can sharefile on some things like ICQ2001b... if the recipient also has ICQ they can download it direct if you are on cable or some high speed bandwidth connection.

But to e-mail it is impossible. Its far to big ... even zipped its still to big.

4. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

Can't sell me on cd's. We're having a lot of trouble already. And soon I'll be interacting with 15 publishers simultaneously - all having deadlines. Cd's are just too cheap a medium - even when you do it right. (Publishers have good, heavy duty zip drives. Are you saying they need the same model as mine - Hey, I thought Iomega is the only supplier of Zip drives?!!)?

ICQ2001b??
    Does this reside on MY pc? (I was told an 18-meg file will take 6 hrs to download from a web site).
    Thanx, all.

What's the lowest price for zip discs? Where buy?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice