Zip File Readers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Morania

Is there a handy alternative to Win Zip? I just want to read zip files. I don't care about using them for any profit or lucrative activity- just read a file or two.

Win Zip is putting the screws to me to buy it.

Is there a free reader out there that doesn't leavie honking big icons all over my file folder like FZ does?

Windows can read .Zip files or are you talking about another compressed files format ?

Morania

Cool. Saved me some surf time.
Can windows open .zip? That interests me.

Morania

Fabby. Who knew?
I uninstalled my annoying .zip reader and windows did indeed change all the icons to readable folders. All this time, I never knew that.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Fabby. Who knew?
I uninstalled my annoying .zip reader and windows did indeed change all the icons to readable folders. All this time, I never knew that.
Yeah, XP has only been out for 7 years.

Fabby. Who knew?
That's why there are forums such as this. We realize that not everyone has the time to master such arcana, and people have helped us in the past, so we want to pass it on.
Of course, for some it's an opportunity to belittle people, but that's another story.:rolleyes:

Morania

Thanks Hugh. I thought I had admitted that my powers of observation were only those of a mere mortal.*

But I've been using forums like this longer than XP has been out, so I'm used to the individuals who feel safe belittling others from the safety of their own dark cold, sparsely furnished rooms in the basements of their parents' houses.

Take care. I'm going to find out exactly what this Windows thing is all about.

*I probably overlooked it when I was in a hurry to install WinZip and Adobe Reader almost immediately after a Windows install, thinking I needed to get started reading and installing the utilities and goodies that I had stored on CD for reloading my machines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online