1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ZMmT.346 virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by wildexpressions, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildexpressions

wildexpressions Thread Starter

dont know what i did but norton antivirus popped up and said i had this virus ZMmT.346
    it could not delete or quarantine or nothing and i could not get rid of the warning box.
    so i rebooted
    Now the computer boots almost all the way up,has my wallpaper on the screen and everything ,but just before ANY programs can load it cuts out to the administrater log in screen(never used that before) and when i click log in it tries to log in then suddenly logs out.
    I tried safe mode and tried to load last known config from the safe mode option screen and both did not work.
    I have 2 hard drives and tried to install windows fresh on to my second drive and it wont install certain system files(the disc is good,i just used it recently on another computer)so i havent tried to reformat yet as i need to save some important things.
    I am typing this on another computer obviously.I was gonna try and put my hard drive into the infected machine just to see if i can transfer my important stuff onto my drive then i will wipe everything out and start fresh again(i hope)
    I went to symantec.com and did a search for this file and they have it listed there but with no info at all on it.
    Please HELP!!!
    The computer is an amd 3100 pro running windows xp media center edition
    Thanks
    Tony

Thanks

2. wildexpressions

wildexpressions Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice